1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

virus

Discussion in 'Virus & Other Malware Removal' started by buckeyegurl, Apr 20, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. buckeyegurl

buckeyegurl Thread Starter

So my housemate got an email saying this

"Excessive Sessions Warning
    Error
    Your 2700HG-B Gateway has intercepted your web page request to provide you with this important message. The following devices on your network are using a large number of simultaneous Internet sessions:

Jacquelyn-PC

The most likely cause of this issue is a ~blaster~ type virus which has infected the device. It is strongly recommended that the devices above be scanned for potential viruses.

Note that a large number of sessions may occasionally be the result of application software or gaming software installed on the device. If you believe this is the case, click the ~Do not show me excessive session warnings in the future~ to disable this feature.

To access the requested Web page that was intercepted, please close all browser windows and then restart your Web browser software.

If you continue to see this page after closing all open Web browser windows, restart your computer."

I have no idea what this means so I ran a virus scan. Here is what avg found

Accessed file is infected

File Name E:\sdfqh.exe

Threat Name: Virus identified Win32/NSAnti J
    Deterected on open

then options are as follows

There is a box to click called remove threaat as Power User and then move to vault, go to file or ignore

For details it says this

Process name: C:\Windows\explorer.exe
    Process ID" 2244

I am not begining to think that it was a problem with th thumb drive and no at all related to the email. What does teh email mean and which selections should I choose for this virus?

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/918136

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice