1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Viruses and worms's rain

Discussion in 'General Security' started by sachs, Oct 15, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. sachs

sachs Thread Starter

Since yesterday I am receiving alert after alert, of Trojans and viruses inside the system, as a rain, NOT DURING ANY KIND OF ACTIVE INTERNET WORKS. And also parallelly after running antivirus and Spybot S&D. In this moment I am running Spytbot and continue receiving alerts. I have not downloaded absolutely anything. This morning the PC started to re start until I got inside though F8 at the "last successful" profile. Is it possibke that the ISP could be contaminated? Please, be so kind to help me. I will not be able to answer or receive those helps until noon or during the next 60 minutes, because I have to go to my job. I have never had this kind of problems. From where should I copy the "register" (I cannot copy and paste the alerts...). I have Avira antivirus, and just Spybot S&D (Runned weekly). Many, many thanks

2. sachs

sachs Thread Starter

Currently receiving every second:
    Virus or unwanted program 'BDS/TDSS.ZJ [backdoor]'
    detected in file 'C:\WINDOWS2\system32\TDSSl.dll.
    Action performed: Deny access
    Virus or unwanted program 'TR/FakeAV.1.Gen.9 [trojan]'
    detected in file 'C:\WINDOWS2\system32\tdssadw.dll.
    Virus or unwanted program 'TR/TDss.K [trojan]'
    detected in file 'C:\WINDOWS2\system32\tdssmain.dll.

3. sachs

sachs Thread Starter

I have just finnished second running of Spybot S&D (free of risk) and the "rain" seems to have stopped. I am concern as how was it possible; I mean the coming in of such an amount of worms? I had never had that experience, my two sons have. But they work inside commercial field that mean many hours of getting touch with different unknown webs and e mails. I want to report that I couldn't use the SDFix, downloaded from two different sources because it alerted that the app\installed.text file was missing (????). I ask again: Is it adviceable to keep in the PC another antimalware device appart of Spybot and Avira? Is it adviceable to replace Spytbot by a better one? (I have a relatively slow PC). Many thanks. I am departing to my consult until noon. I would be very happy if I have the luck to get some most appreciated help from you. Greetings and thanks.

4. blues_harp28

blues_harp28 Trusted Advisor Spam Fighter

5. sachs

sachs Thread Starter

Is it necessary to disable anything to run it? Should I uninstall Spybot? Mean: Is there any redundancy of issues? Many thanks

6. blues_harp28

No they can run as they are.
    D/load Superantispyware and Malwarebytes.
    Check for updates>scan your system.

Use them both say every two weeks to check your system.
    You can leave Spybot installed if you want.
    Spybot used to be the number one spyware scanner but that may no longer be the case.

7. sachs

sachs Thread Starter

Many thanks...

8. sachs

sachs Thread Starter

I already had the "super" between my exe files. I uninstalled it a while ago for some reason. Well I runned it and disclosed nothing, except that PC got hanged at the next start, but recovered restarting again. I will see if I let it installed or not. In any case PC is now clean. Many thanks indeed again.

9. blues_harp28

10. sachs

sachs Thread Starter

I will and tell you. Many thanks

11. sachs

sachs Thread Starter

Do you advice to move to another antivirus? AVIRA is taking a very long time to start, opening the famous umbrella. AS a matter of fact, the worms were catched bt Avira's guard. Thanks

12. sachs

sachs Thread Starter

Trendmicro closes Mozilla--- Already twice...

13. blues_harp28

14. sachs

sachs Thread Starter

IE also got closed by trendmicro. Do I have to fix somehing? Thanks

15. blues_harp28

16. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/759370

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice