visio and pdf

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

dannyn

does anyone know how to get a visio file to export as a pdf..
i know i could probably use something like primo pdf..
but i was just wondering if someone had a better way.

There is no native function within Visio to export to PDF. I believe there is a plug-in that you can install with Office 2007 to do this but I'm not 100% sure. If not, you'll need to print to a PDF program. Cute PDF is another free PDF conversion program that I use. What version of Office are you using?

Regards,
Rollin

Visio 2007 (which is an optional but separate part of Office 2007, so it's not irrelevant) includes .pdf in the "save as".

Just tested it here.

It may or may not rely on the Office 2007 pdf plug-in though.

dannyn

my visio = no pdf save as
are you using professional edition?
i still think that office is irrelevant, beacuse, if it is not written into the code to save as a pdf.. it dosent matter what office you have.

I've provided a link to the add in below. As previously stated, Visio IS considered part of MS Office even though it is not included in any of the Office suite packages so I'm not sure why you still think it's irrelevant. This plugin only works with Office 2007 applications. Even Microsoft refers the program as Microsoft Office Visio 2007.

From the MS Website
This download allows you to export and save to the PDF in eight 2007 Microsoft Office programs.

This download works with the following Office programs:

Microsoft Office Access 2007
Microsoft Office Excel 2007
Microsoft Office InfoPath 2007
Microsoft Office OneNote 2007
Microsoft Office PowerPoint 2007
Microsoft Office Publisher 2007
Microsoft Office Visio 2007
Microsoft Office Word 2007
http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/...11-3E7E-4AE6-B059-A2E79ED87041&displaylang=en

Regards,
Rollin

dannyn

i guess its relevant if you put in that context..
but i jsut need it for visio..
but anyways.
thanks for the link
i will impliment it!
thanks agian!

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Staff online