visioneer 7600 issue

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

ff18wife

Ok, here's the dilemma. I have my Visioner 7600 scanner from my old computer. Trying to install it on the new one but I'm getting conflicting error messages. First when I try to install off the disk, it says it's not NT compatible. I thought I had XP...

Then I try to download updated drivers off the Visioneer website and it says some max-somethingorother.dll is missing.

I think according to the visioneer website, the scanner is compatible.

Any suggestions, etc. would be greatly appreciated.

I have a Visioneer scanner, I think its a 7600 as well.

If this is your scanner, you need the PaperPort software that came with it. (I'd assume this would apply even if this isn't your scanner) It's kind of a pain in the arse, the software isnt that great. But thats what you have to use.

ff18wife

No, that is not my scanner. I think that is a newer version. However, I have tried to use the original CD to install and am unable. I've also tried getting updated software off the Visioneer website and no luck there either. One of my last alternatives is to e-mail the company directly or lastly, purchase a new scanner.

In that case, I would mail the company. They'll probably send you a new copy of the CD.

I have the USB 7600 scanner and had all sorts of problems with it trying to run it under XP Pro.

When I first got XP I had to jump through hoops to get it to install from the instructions on Visioneers website but finally got it to install. Then after a recent format/reinstall that I used XP with SP2 slipstreamed into it the drivers installed by themselves and only asked for 1 file from the Visioneer install disk. I got a new laptop and thought it would install as easily on it but was wrong. It will not install at all on my laptop which is also running XP Pro. Do like I did and get a new scanner. I got an Epson 3490 for less than $100 at newegg.com and am amazed at the difference in speed and quality. Do like I did and throw that antiquated piece of junk into the trash, you won't be sorry!

ff18wife

MowermanEd -

Thanks for the chuckle! I may end up looking for a new scanner in the future. I have a friend who is going to try to get my scanner installed for me. If not, that's it. I'll have to start hunting for a new one.

Thanks to everyone who responded!!!

I have a Visioneer 8100 and am using ME. One of the main problems XP users complain about is that existing drivers just will not work, and new "XP" oriented drivers are needed. Microsoft may supply some 'standard' drivers, but usually expect device makers to provide anything else. If you are using old hardware, the manufacturer may not bother supporting them any longer, so you need to choose between the device or XP.

ff18wife

911-
It looks like I will be researching the new scanner thing.... I was looking at the Visioneer 9120 and 9320. Dell sells Visioneers to go with their systems so that's probably my best bet. Thanks for the input!

ff18wife

In reviving this old topic, is there somewhere I can download XP drivers for the 7600? I tried the Visioneer site but it's useless. Thanks again!!!

I have switched to XP since the original post, and found a driver for my Visioneer 8100 on the Visioneer site.

If you can't, type XP SCANNER DRIVERS into the Google search box. There are a lot of them listed, but you will need to sort through to find if there is the one you need.

ff18wife

Thanks everyone...I ended up Googling my scanner and found a back door way to get it to work...lucky for me...at least I won't have to spring for $$$ for a new scanner just yet...

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Staff online