1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Visioneer One Touch 8100 Scanner

Discussion in 'Digital Photography & Imaging' started by Bazman76, Oct 31, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. Bazman76

Bazman76 Thread Starter

Hi,

First off I hope this is the correct Forum I wasn't sure whether to put this here, in hardware or utilities. This was my best guess:

I have a Visioneer 8100 One Touch scanner. Recently I upgraded from Windows ME to XP SP2. To be honest I don't use the scanner that much but when I came to use it recently I found that my PC no longer recognised that it had a scanner attached to it.

So I went to the Visioneer site and found this:

http://support.visioneer.com/products/home/EOL/8100/downloads.asp

Problem is I want to run the scanner through my parrallel port however Visioneer
    don't provide a parallel version for XP. And the XP driver they do have (which only works with USB connections) is only compatible with XP SP1!!!

Therefore can anyone recommend a driver that will allow me to run my scanner through the parallel port using XP SP2?

Cheers

Baz

2. Rick_in_Fla

Rick_in_Fla

Have you tried Visioneer's driver under sp2? It probably will work.

3. Bazman76

Bazman76 Thread Starter

OK just to be clear I only have a parallel connection lead.

So are you recommending just trying the parallel driver that is designed for windows 2000.

Or the XP driver which is designed to go with a USB connection?

Cheers

Baz

4. Rick_in_Fla

Rick_in_Fla

What do you mean by "I only have a parallel lead" ?
    Do you have an available usb port on your computer? If you do then you should be able to atttach that scanner with a standard usb cable.

5. Bazman76

Bazman76 Thread Starter

The USB port on the scanner is one of the smaller trapezium shaped port. I've seen them before I but don't have any leads lying around unfortunatley.

6. Rick_in_Fla

Rick_in_Fla

I doubt you'll find a third party driver for use on a parallel port. You could try to reinstall the driver from Visioneer even though it does not say it supports Windows XP
    The best thing to do though would be to purchase a usb cable from RadioShack or somewhere.

7. Bazman76

Bazman76 Thread Starter

OK cheers :)

8. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/645959

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice