1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

"Visioneer Paper Port" Needed to install Printer Drivers

Discussion in 'All Other Software' started by Filewasp, Feb 20, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. Filewasp

Filewasp Thread Starter

Greetings again!!! A client of mine (I remodeled her house) gave me a great Multi Function Center- Fax, printer,copier, scanner- Brother- MFC 7150C to be specific. She lost the install disc. I went to Brother.com and found the model number and the drivers however it says that I have to first install Visioneer Paper Port first from the CD-ROM disc. Now, isn't that convienent! I did a search for that it is associated with lots of programs and machines. I downloaded one, that was associated with "DocuShare". Kind of at a loss. Does anyone know if this a free download I can get? And what is it anyway?

Thanks ahead.

2. Filewasp

Filewasp Thread Starter

"bump"

3. Skivvywaver

Skivvywaver

4. Skivvywaver

Skivvywaver

Crap, they want paperport. Sorry

5. Skivvywaver

Skivvywaver

I will give you an idea though. If you have any photo program on your machine, you can most likely use the driver without stinking paperport. Install the driver and open photo impact, paintshop, photoshop, etc.

Go to aquire, choose twain (sometimes camera or scanner) and aquire from there.
    I do it all the time with just the paperport driver installed. I have a paperport driver for 98/ME but it works with XP. If you need the driver PM me an email and I'll send it to you.

6. Filewasp

Filewasp Thread Starter

I have paint shop pro 7 and did what you suggested, went to import / twain / aquire but it gave me an invalid operation (kernal 32 .dll) and closes the program.

7. Filewasp

Filewasp Thread Starter

great Skivvywaver I got both files! At least I think there are two. Seems like there were copies ( each e-mail report when I went to DropLoad reported that the file had already been picked up, but then there would be another e-mail that directed me to the file upload again) Were there two files? The second one is 32% complete. I have verizon dsl 1114 down load speed, the first one which was bigger took 24 minutes to load. I assume that this is just the paper port stuff I need? Further input from you would be appreciated. I am a little baffled where I need to install it. Just some where in Windows? Of course I want it to be recognized when I install the rest of the brother software. Thanks I really appreciate your help. Will stand by for a bit tonight.

8. Filewasp

Filewasp Thread Starter

Waiting, reloaded a new copy of winrar- first file will not load completely cause it's pretty smart in knowing the second part is missing! Amazing how that works. Hope your evening or day is going well, thanks again for you help. Got your last PM that you are resending. Peace.

9. Skivvywaver

Skivvywaver

Yeah, part 2 is there. Uploading part 1 now.

10. Skivvywaver

Skivvywaver

And you will need both pieces. Maybe part 2 is the same but I had to redo it so I am not sure. At any rate, it is no biggie.

11. Skivvywaver

Skivvywaver

Both are there again. (y)

12. Filewasp

Filewasp Thread Starter

Skivvywaver: Here's an update- I went to the drop load site, checked and sure enough there was the part 2 you sent. Thanks. I loaded it into the same folder part 1 was in, and created another folder called paperport extracted. When I extracted part 2 after I had already extracted part 1 it said they were the same, did I want to replace it? I said no. Anyway, I managed to install what appears to be paperport but not from the icon that looks like a CD (setup 32) (that one just froze after a bit. Microsoft Management Colsole 1.2 setup comes on for a bit but shuts down so I have to ctrl/alt/delete to close the install window. I later opened the other folder called Vision, then opened one called Base, and clicked setup.exe This installed PaperPort.
    Here's the catch- The Brother website had the drivers download (remember it said you had to have PaperPort first installed?) I loaded that (all 7 discs) but it still sayed you must first install PaperPort! I am in a bit going to hook up the Multi Function Printer and see if it will print. Perhaps the printer needs to be hooked up when one tried to install. Love these challenges.....Reminds me of the first time I re-formatted. A broad learning curve in the beginning then it gets easier. Thanks again for your help. Later then - Steve

13. Filewasp

Filewasp Thread Starter

14. Skivvywaver

Skivvywaver

That might be the way to go at this point. Bummer!:(

15. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/332876

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice