1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

visited links in IE

Discussion in 'Tech Tips and Reviews' started by chris42, Jan 13, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. chris42

chris42 Thread Starter

I would like to change the colour of visited links - the colour change displays ok in Netscape but not IE. Can anyone help?

Thanks!

2. brendandonhu

brendandonhu

Tools>>Internet Options>>Colors.

3. chris42

chris42 Thread Starter

Thanks for the suggestion - but the links still aren't the colour I want. Any other suggestions?

4. brendandonhu

brendandonhu

Does this happen on all web pages or just some? The webmaster can override your settings to change the colors.
    If this is the case, I think there is a setting to ignore the specified colors.

5. Ratboy

Ratboy

chris42,

brendandonhu is right. Most sites are coded to use specific colors according to the designer's preferences. (ex. TSG's link colors are coded and Yahoo's are not.)

The only way to get the links on all the pages to use the colors you select is to tell IE to ignore colors specified on Web pages. To do this go to Tools > Internet Options > Accessibility.

The colors you selected in Tools > Internet Options > Colors will then be used. In my opinion this only makes things worse though, because it gets rid of the site specified background colors too. (Yuck!)

6. chris42

chris42 Thread Starter

brendandonhu & Ratboy - this is for a small website we will host - customer wants specific colour changes to their visited links. I agree that getting rid of specific background colors is "yucky". Thanks to both of you for your input!

7. brendandonhu

brendandonhu

You need to be more descriptive in your posts. Ratboy and I thought you wanted to specify the visited link colors on your computer.

The HTML you need is
    PHP:
    <BODY VLINK="color">

8. chris42

chris42 Thread Starter

Sorry about that. I will certainly be more descriptive the next time round. Thanks again!

9. brendandonhu

brendandonhu

:)

Have you tried that code?
    I think it will work in all browsers.

10. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/113059

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice