1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Vista 64 wont install on RAID0 array

Discussion in 'Windows Vista' started by MikeRoss1986, Nov 4, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. MikeRoss1986

MikeRoss1986 Thread Starter

Hello,

I'm trying to install vista 64 on my computer having just bought the motherboard, ram and processor from my signature. Previously I was running Vista 32 (and I am still, thanks to this problem).

When I try to install vista 64 only the 250GB hard drive is visible. I proceed to install the drivers from the motherboard installation disk but the x64 drivers are not detected (there is a folder on the disk labelled x64 raid drivers). The x86 raid driver in the x86 driver folder is detected so I use that instead. Vista now recognises my array. Great!

Installation seems to go well but after the first reboot, the windows loading screen appears for a few seconds, then a BSOD flashes for half a second and the system reboots. Repeat ad-infinitum!

I have tried removing one of the RAM sticks as I have heard there can be problems with Vista64 and 4gig of RAM but with no improvement.

32 bit installs perfectly on the array.

I'm at a loss. Can anyone suggest a solution or tell me where I can find RAID drivers for 64bit vista. The AMD website doesn't help. What drivers I can find are part of a .exe install and are only useful after the operating system is working.

2. MikeRoss1986

MikeRoss1986 Thread Starter

Signatures aren't allowed for new members so here are my specs:

M4A77TD Motherboard
    Phenom II X4 955
    4GB DDR3 [2x2GB] Patriot DDR3 1333Mhz CL7
    2 x WD Caviar 40GB in RAID 0
    1 x 250GB IDE for data
    650W PSU
    HD4870 1GB

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/1025387

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice