1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

vista advice required

Discussion in 'Windows Vista' started by COPPERTOP33, Oct 1, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. COPPERTOP33

COPPERTOP33 Thread Starter

I have an issue with a new laptop with windows vista installed. My being a bit of a plonker asked her exhusband to help set it up and since he is a bit of a control freak he registered it in his name and also only created a user folder for himself. He does not use the computer so doesn't need one (this in in the My Computer>properties>vista>users) not the initial sign in page when logging on. Earlier I was showing her how to save an attachment to my documents and we discovered that everything goes through his user...so when we click on 'save as' on the document it sent it to his folder when we investigated further we found that all her web pages, photos etc were all going into this same folder. We tried to change the user name by copying and pasting in to newly created user folders but when you click on the new folder you get his folder and have to open that one before getting any further. also after copying and pasting i then tried to delete his file but was told that if i deleted this file i would delete everything in ALL the folders. Everything seems to come back to him.............Is there anything we can do to remove him from her computer.

Apologies if i have not been articulate enough about the thechnical bits but i am a bit thick when it comes to all things computer!!!

i greatly appreciate any help

Thanks

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/631802

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice