1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Vista, and even Server 2008 losing backgrounds

Discussion in 'Windows Vista' started by Jay_JWLH, Oct 15, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Jay_JWLH

Jay_JWLH Thread Starter

My home computer runs Vista Ultimate, and is somewhat powerful.
    As part of my school work, I have Server 2008 set up, which I usually access through remote desktop (terminal services), which is within a LAN.

Somehow both of them keep losing their backgrounds, and turn black. My Vista machine usually loses the background when I play a game, and then come back to the desktop. I have more than enough RAM, 4GB for Age of Mythology. It doesn't seem to matter whether I use one of the included DreamScene things, or a plain coloured background.

As for the server, just a simple light blue colour, and the next time I come on it is black again. I think it must happen when I go away for the day, because disconnecting and then reconnecting to the session doesn't cause any problems.

At least any ideas behind why this keeps happening?

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/759562

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice