Vista, and even Server 2008 losing backgrounds

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Jay_JWLH

My home computer runs Vista Ultimate, and is somewhat powerful.
As part of my school work, I have Server 2008 set up, which I usually access through remote desktop (terminal services), which is within a LAN.

Somehow both of them keep losing their backgrounds, and turn black. My Vista machine usually loses the background when I play a game, and then come back to the desktop. I have more than enough RAM, 4GB for Age of Mythology. It doesn't seem to matter whether I use one of the included DreamScene things, or a plain coloured background.

As for the server, just a simple light blue colour, and the next time I come on it is black again. I think it must happen when I go away for the day, because disconnecting and then reconnecting to the session doesn't cause any problems.

At least any ideas behind why this keeps happening?

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Staff online

Members online