1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Vista and HP Deskjet F380

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by invicta1, Mar 26, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. invicta1

invicta1 Thread Starter

I installed Vista on my PC this weekend and my HP Deskjet F380 has disappeared!

My PC knows when the printer is plugged into the UCB port and when its removed. When I turn it on a window tells me it found new hardware. Eventually I tell it to search the internet - its says it found new hardware HP Deskjet F300 series.

I downloaded the drivers from HP's site. Installed. It recognized when I plugged the printer into the port while I was installing the software - at its request. At the end of the installation the window disappeared (it took something like two hours to handle the hardware part) and it doesnt recognize the hardware is a printer. Let alone an HP printer. Then the same old window appears telling me it found new hardware, etc

I deinstalled all of it and redid it. Same result.

So what to do? I saw some other problems with HP printers and Vista but not my printer in particular and not exactly my problem.

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/697410

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice