Vista and IE version 7

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

VJC

I had to do a complete system restore. Now the IE version 7 gives an error on every web page that I go to when ever I attempt to download Google Chrome. I've tried to update IE but more errors. Any solutions??

what was the errors?? you said system restore, was it to an older restore point or did you reinstall the operating system using system recovery?

Triple6

Rob
IE7 is old and useless. You need to run Windows Update and download and install all Service Packs, Service Pack 1 then Service Pack 2. Then you need to install any Platform Updates, then the latest version of IE for your version of Windows, and then all other updates for Windows; all this can be done through Windows Update but will require multiple visits.

flavallee

Frank
Trusted Advisor
What's the brand name and model name and model number of your computer?

Did the "complete system restore" reinstall the original version of Windows Vista or did it include Service Pack 1 and Service Pack 2?

Your goal is to get Windows Vista up-to-date and insure all of the computer's devices are working BEFORE you install Google Chrome and a bunch of other programs.

---------------------------------------------------------

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Staff online