Vista and Microsoft Word - are they compatible??

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Untechnical Nat

Hi,

I have been a member of this site for all of 3 mins, and having read some threads I realise that I really am very untechnical. I recently treated myself to a new pc, an Advent running Windows Vista. This was to replace my dinosaur laptop with keys missing that I threatened to throw out of the window on numerous occasions.

I need to load Word to allow me to write reports, download documents from email and so on. BUT, alas I have heard that Word is not compatible with Vista! Is this correct?

Forgive my untechnicality, I really am quite embarrassed as everyone else seems like Einstein to me!

Thank you for reading.

Nat

Welcome to TSG. I am running Vista on two of my PC's and I have Word 2002 on both of them.

What version of Word or Ms Office are you running? Office 2000 will run and so will Office XP but may have some issues depending on the system whereas Office 2003 and 2007 are fine.

I used office 97 on vista, and touch wood never had a prob. Went to 2007, now it coughs all over me LOL

I installed Office 97 on Vista and all of my documents from my old computer are now
"read only"--how can I change that?

older, did you copy the docs to a CD on the old one, then over to the new one? If so, that's why. They became read only when copied to CD, and kept those attributes when copied back off to the new hard drive.
Right click on the file (or files) in question and select properties. Then at the bottom of the general tab, remove the check mark.

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Staff online