1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Vista and MS Office

Discussion in 'Business Applications' started by willardpigeon, Feb 16, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. willardpigeon

willardpigeon Thread Starter

I need to get a new PC and everything seems to be Vista these days. But I get different answers from sales people regarding the compatibility of my Office 2000 suite with Vista -- some say it will work fine, others say I've got no choice but to upgrade to Office 2007. I can't seem to find an answer on the MS site. Does anyone know whether I can just load my old Office 2000 into a new Vista machine?
    Thanks,
    Willard

2. Couriant

Couriant Trusted Advisor

First Name:
    James
    I've installed 2002 (Office XP) and it was fine. I doubt that it would give you any problems, but if you do, you can use the compatibility option.

With regards to the people that told you you have to get Office 2007, don't buy from them. They want you to buy it when you don't need it. If you are interested in 2007 (which is good btw) and you are a student or an educational worker, Office 2007 Ultimate from educational stores is/should be much cheaper than the Standard Version - Retail. For example, I can get Ultimate for $254.95 (GBP 130.66, retail version is $593.99 (GBP 304.42)) while the Standard Version is $395.99 (GBP 202.95)

edit: grammar

3. RootbeaR

RootbeaR

4. Bob Cerelli

Bob Cerelli

Office2000 worked fine. So does Office2002 and Office2003. Certainly wouldn't feel the need to spend money to have 2007 version.

5. willardpigeon

willardpigeon Thread Starter

Thanks for the advice. I'll give it a try. I certainly don't want to invest in a new version of Office at the same time as I spend all that money on the computer.

6. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/544673

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice