1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Vista and Outlook 2003

Discussion in 'Windows Vista' started by wickedwillie, Jul 17, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. wickedwillie

wickedwillie Thread Starter

My Outlook always asks for a password after every log off from Outlook even although I have ticked the box to remember my details. When I attempt to change the registry (from a post I found earlier) it does not allow me to change the entry, even although I try it from the actual Administrator account. I did not have such a problem in XP. It appears to be a permissions related problem. Any ideas??

2. ineedhelp890

ineedhelp890

I've had many similar problems with programs doing things like that in Vista. I've always gotten them to work by finding the actual executable file for the application in program files, right click on it, and give it administrative privileges. This has always worked for me.

3. Bob Cerelli

Bob Cerelli

Have you tried just creating a new profile?

4. compgeeks

compgeeks

or simply reinstall outlook, but first made all backups

5. Bob Cerelli

Bob Cerelli

If the profile is bad, that won't solve the problem.

6. wickedwillie

wickedwillie Thread Starter

Thanks for all the replies so far. I did uninstall office and re-install under the administrator but still fails. Have not tried a new profile yet. I can see the entry in the registry that needs changing (as per a knowledge base article from Microsoft) but it will not let me change it saying I do not have permission, even though I am trying this from both my account and the actual Admin account. I shall try creating a new profile.

7. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/596825

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice