1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

vista and wireless internet problem

Discussion in 'Windows Vista' started by x_saosin_x, Feb 1, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. x_saosin_x

x_saosin_x Thread Starter

i bought vista ultimate x64 and i tried to install in internet, (bt voyager 2000, with a 1010 usb wireless adapter) but it wouldnt open the set up.
    then i found you could set the compatability to xp sp2, and then that works for a little while, it starts the install, but then when you come to install the drivers bit, it carnt find any.
    is this vista, or because its x64 bit edition?

will i be able to get it sorted out? or will i have to get a new router?

thanks

2. jmwills

jmwills

More than likely it the 64 bit verison causing the issue.

How did you configure the drivers? It can be tricky.

3. x_saosin_x

what you mean?
    it asks you to plug the usb adaptor in, and it serched ffor them, and it carntfind them, the it asks you to locate them, but there not on cd.

4. jmwills

jmwills

Most driver packages come in a zipped format. Might not look like it but they are.
    Download the drivers you need and DO NOT RUN THE EXECUTABLE FILE. Now extract the file (to a folder you can rememebr the name of) and find the .exe file, right clikc, properties, compativlity tab and change that to XPSP2.

Now you can go to the Device manager and point back to the .inf file in that folder and that should do it. If not youcan then try the .exe file.

5. Crusnik

Crusnik

I am having the same issue with my WN311T PCI card. I am using the 64-bit version and it simply will not work. I even tried Vista beta drivers.. I'll have to get some screen shots when I get home to show ya exactly what it says.

6. jmwills

jmwills

Download the drivers from the manufacturers web site. why you guys are using the 64 bit version I will never know.

7. x_saosin_x

lol, because i got a 64 bit processor, so i thought itd make more sense.

but guess not.

i had a look on bt's website and they say they dont make any 64 bit drivers :(

will that thing still work?

thanks

8. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/540230

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice