1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Vista backup fails "not enough space on Windows disk"

Discussion in 'Windows Vista' started by francesday, Jan 1, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. francesday

francesday Thread Starter

Hi - I keep getting the message that a backup failed due to less than 400 MB on the Windows disk. I have about 350 GB available on the disk!

Other backups have worked OK. I have seen a long thread on the Microsoft site with lots of people saying they have the same intermittent problem, but no solution. Anyone know what causes this?

I'm working Home Premium, and backup up to another hard disk on the same machine which also has lots of free space. :confused:

Thanks guys

Frances

2. moper

moper

Just a couple of simple questions, which you may have already covered.
    How much space is on the C drive.(where Vista is installed)
    On the 'Where do you want to save your backup' page, you are sure it is your second drive and not the 'Recovery' partition.

moper

3. francesday

francesday Thread Starter

Hi - there is over 350 GB spare space on the C drive which is where Windows is installed, and I'm backing up to a second 500 GB drive. Backup has been working perfectly OK for months in this configuration.

I gather it's a known problem (reported in other forums) but no-one seems to have a solution.

Frances

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/785554

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice