1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Vista backup problem

Discussion in 'Windows Vista' started by trucknut, Sep 5, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. trucknut

trucknut Thread Starter

I've been running Vista for about 2 months. the first backup I did went just fine with no glitches. However, the last 2 times I've tried the backup gets anywhere from 1-4 discs into the process and just hangs up. Task Manager will abort it but then the system is locked up and I have to re-boot. There are no error messges that I have found and CD-writer works fine for other write operations.

Any suggestions?

2. DaveA

DaveA David Trusted Advisor

What back up program are you using?

3. Noyb

Noyb Trusted Advisor

Welcome to the TSG Forum

Maybe someone who has some experience with Vista’s backup will be along shortly.
    I saw it, but didn’t play with it.
    Not sure I’d trust it anyway (At this point in Vista’s evolution) and I wouldn’t use CD/DVDs.
    They’re kinda obsolete nowadays.

I’ve had good luck using Acronis True Image and an External Hard Drive to store and restore my Vista, or repair the MBR.

The free trial DL is FULLY functional for 14 days …
    http://www.acronis.com/homecomputing/products/trueimage/

Get from here …
    http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produ...0&Description=acronis+true+image+10&x=17&y=33

Acronis True Image is Very popular here at TSG ... Do you have an External Hard Drive ???

4. trucknut

trucknut Thread Starter

In reply to a question about which backup I use and am having a problem with. It's teh backup utility provided with Vista.

5. trucknut

trucknut Thread Starter

I downloaded Registry Booster 2 and ran it on my system, paid for the software and then ran its repair. Afterwards I started a backup and it ran successfully and to completion, no hangs and no errors.

6. JohnWill

JohnWill Retired Moderator

I've merged all your threads, please don't post multiple threads for the same issue.

You can mark your own threads solved using the thread tools at the top of the page in the upper right corner.© :)

7. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/619932