1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Vista Basic/AVG(2012) keep picking up same two tracking cookies

Discussion in 'Virus & Other Malware Removal' started by ChuckVistaB, Dec 15, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. ChuckVistaB

ChuckVistaB Thread Starter

My first time using a forum so here we go....
    I'm running 32bit vista basic and i have AVG 2012(free) And i keep getting the same two viruses, even when i'm not on the internet( unplugged from router)
    1. "";"C:\Users\USERNAME\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft\Windows\Cookies\AWLQ8BI5.txt:\real.com.66561182";"Found Tracking cookie.Real";"Moved to Virus Vault"
    2. "";"C:\Users\USERNAME\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft\Windows\Cookies\AWLQ8BI5.txt";"Found Tracking cookie.Real";"Healed"

This happened after i updated my Real Player. (i use it for converting my cell phone videos to windows media)
    How do i get it out of my computer? It just keeps coming back?

2. ChuckVistaB

Just an up date.... i have downloaded and use Spy-bot S&D.... it found like two things and my AVG keeps picking up on the same "real.com" tracking cookie......it wont remove it... just heal it. after restart its back...every time! Spy Bot fails to pick it up....anything else i can do? anybody pleas help.

3. flavallee

flavallee Trusted Advisor

First Name:
    Frank
  4. ChuckVistaB

Thanks for the help. Just a questions before i do this. Should i undo changes that spybot did before i uninstall? I made a backup with spybot before doing any changes. What would be the best way to go about this?

5. flavallee

First Name:
    Frank
    Uninstall Spybot, then restart the computer.

Go to the C:\Program Files folder.

If the Spybot folder is still there, delete it.

------------------------------------------------------------

Uninstall AVG 2012, then restart the computer.

Go to the C:\Program Files folder.

If the AVG folder is still there, delete it.

Download and save AVG Remover(32bit) 2012

Close all open windows first, then run the tool.

Restart the computer to complete the removal process, if prompted to.

There's no need to undo any changes made by Spybot.

6. ChuckVistaB

Thanks for the help.... I did what you said... and i thought AVG was good, ha ha ha.... so far so good.... i haven't re-ran the scans yet... (as they take about one and a half hours to complete) but one removed only about 10 issues, another got about 15 more... but the big winner was the SUPERAntiSpyware! 168 threats neutralized! and i was only aware of two with AVG. I will post again when i re-run the scans.
    Have a merry Christmas!

7. flavallee

First Name:
    Frank
    Microsoft Security Essentials auto-starts and runs in the background and does its work.

Malwarebytes Anti-Malware and SUPERAntiSpyware should be started at least once a week, then their definition files updated, then a quick scan done, then everything removed that they find.

-------------------------------------------------------------

8. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/1031420

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice