1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Vista behaving badly - losing keyboard control, outlook calendar, year/date changes

Discussion in 'Windows Vista' started by betaqueen, Apr 26, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. betaqueen

betaqueen Thread Starter

First started with screen saver (use cute default of bubbles) issue; would receive "cannot run screen saver ... video card" error instead of the screen saver engaging;

Would get black screen / recover message upon starting computer;
    (has happened 3 times over past month or so);

Occasionally would need to restart because keyboard quite working (mouse would still work however);

Started computer on Friday and received license expiry messages - turns out date/year was set to 2400 and something (manually changed date and rebooted);

Started computer today and entire Outlook Calendar is wiped clean! (OHMIGAWD all my business appointments are gone!!)

I use AVG (licensed) Professional version and run SpyBot regularly.
    Any ideas?

Thank you.

2. lunarlander

lunarlander

Run chkdsk on your hard drive.

3. betaqueen

betaqueen Thread Starter

done... how can I access the log to review the chkdsk process?

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/919363

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice