1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Vista black screen freeze! HELP!

Discussion in 'Windows Vista' started by FortHoodTX, Nov 22, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. FortHoodTX

FortHoodTX Thread Starter

I'm running the latest Vista RC2 [build 5744 I believe]. It has been running fine with no boot problems, but then tonight I was burning a CD and it tried to write, then froze on 0%, and I tried to access Windows explorer at the same time.. before it would allow me to navigate anything, it froze.. and I could do nothing, not even CTRL+ALT+DEL. I was forced to turn off the computer at the tower.

Upon reboot, it gets past the Windows Vista animated progress bar screen.. and then turns black and halts there. It does nothing more. I tried Safe Mode, but when it's loading the files, it halts on crcdisk.sys and never moves. I'm pretty much stuck. I unplugged every single USB device from the back of the machine as well; no change. I have made NO recent hardware or software installations. If I could get back into Safe Mode, I could at least run a system restore, but as of right now, it's not letting me do anything. I don't use SATA drives or drivers, so that is not an issue [concerning crcdisk.sys].

If no one knows anything by tomorrow afternoon, I'm going to go through the lengthy process of swapping hard drives with another PC and reinstalling Vista on a clean hard drive. I really don't want to have to do this if it's not necessary. Someone give me something else to try, please.

Cheers

2. pleasantlake

pleasantlake

Did you get an answer for this problem? I have the same problem

3. Number 18

Number 18

woo check the views 4000+ and only one reply:eek::eek::eek:

4. RootbeaR

RootbeaR

I doubt it. That is for Release Candidate Vista. License long since expired.

This thread is almost two years old.

Start a new thread. Give specs of PC and state problem. Give as much info to the problem as you can.

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/520335

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice