Tech Support Guy banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

Vista Buisness

1K views 2 replies 3 participants last post by  middigit 
#1 ·
I can get a great deal on Vista business edition through my college. What does the 'Business' part get me over say, 'Home Premium' or the other editions?? What would be the best for a home user/gamer? I can get this for around 30 bucks!!!! SO its worth it to look in to it.

Also, what benefits does XP Pro have over XP home. I can get a great deal on that as well!!!!

#2 ·
vista business will have more advancements like file encryption, shadow copy, backup and restore, windows fax and remote access. Thats what business gives you over the home premium more redudancy and security as this edition is geared towards small business . The home premium version offers more multimedia facets like the Media center, windows dvd maker and windows movie maker which is more for the home use/ gamer.

Now as far as XP home over XPpro the are same OS except XP pro will give youthe enhancements similar to vista business edition If you go with XP i would get XP Pro. As far as choosing between the editions of vista thats up to you. Just weigh them out and see which one offers the features you will utilize the most.

#3 ·
Vista Business is aimed at the corporate setting - it doesn't include the Media Centre features of Home Premium and Ultimate.

Vista Business doesn't have DVD Maker, Media Centre or Movie maker as Home premium would but then does host a lot of features Home Premium doesn't which probably aren't what you are after anyway.

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.