1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Vista Business Hibernation/Sleep Issue

Discussion in 'Windows Vista' started by BlesdNHighFavrd, Aug 20, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. BlesdNHighFavrd

BlesdNHighFavrd Thread Starter

Hello, I'm grateful that this site is available!
    My issue is with a Lenovo laptop running Vista Business. Not sure what I've done, but over the course of time the sleep and now hibernation options are not present to enable. I've tried clicking the Start button, clicking All Programs, then Accessories, Right-clicked on Command Prompt, clicked Run as Administrator, Typed powercfg -h on and press Enter.

Hibernation failed with the following error: The request is not supported.
    The following items are preventing hibernation on this system.
    There are one or more legacy drivers installed:
    -VgaSave
    An Internal system component has disabled hibernation.

Please advise on how to fix this issue... Thanks in advance for your kind help!

2. joeten

joeten

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/944463

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice