1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Vista Business with Office 2007

Discussion in 'Windows Vista' started by callumgoldin, Jan 19, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. callumgoldin

callumgoldin Thread Starter

I have just installed Vista Business at work and on my home laptop. I have also installed Office 2007 Enterprise
    I was testing the beta version before upgrading to the full version and I must say it is hard to describe how great this operating system is now in its entirity. Not only the fantastic looks and overall layout, business-wise this OS is fantastic. When also combined with Office 2007 the world is your oyster.

A couple of new programs that come with Office 2007 are;-
    OneNote
    Groove

I don't want to bore you with the capabilities of both of these, but I'm sure anyone who uses Office in their business or at home will find great use for both of these programs. Office overall has a total new revamp and is so user friendly my great great great great grandad would find it easy to use.

The only problem I have run into with Vista is setting up the internet connection. We use a proxy server firewall which should be picked up when logging onto our domain, but is not. Even manually inputting the settings still has no joy, so for the time being I'm using our old WathGuard firewall with a Fixed IP which for some reason works!!!!

Be good to know if anyone else has a test machine running on their domain and having similar problems

Thanks all !!!!!

2. TechB

TechB

3. callumgoldin

I am only the IT technician so I don't have a complete knowledge of our proxy/firewall, but I am the lucky one getting to test out Vista. We have an Astaro firewall not ISA.

4. techy689

techy689

so your company gave you a copy of vista and office 2007 free... nice. volume licenses correct?

5. jmwills

jmwills

Did you rememebr to the Proxy Settings into the Setup?

6. callumgoldin

No the proxy settings should be picked up by default. Even so I have also tried entering the settings manually into Tools > Internet Options > Connections > Lan Settings. Still no joy....

7. jmwills

jmwills

That was what I was referring to.

You might consider trying disabling IPv6.

8. callumgoldin

Could be a possibility. I thought this was done through command prompt with "ipv6 -uninstall" but that doesn't seem to work. I cannot do it through the Local Area Connection Properies either.

9. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/536648

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice