1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Vista CMD - Update drivers from CMD

Discussion in 'Windows Vista' started by DarkCrystal, May 4, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. DarkCrystal

DarkCrystal Thread Starter

Hello all,

I am trying to develop an automated batch file for configuring fresh installs on multiple different systems. I have it all set, but the one issue of how, if it is even possible, how can I get it to automatically update the drivers? I've seen DevCon, but it seems that Vista doesn't play very well with it.

Suggestions? Ideas?

Thanks for your time and thoughts!

2. DarkCrystal

DarkCrystal Thread Starter

btw, just to put up a background of this issue,

I have spent several days on this program (I have had to relearn my coding, and have learned quite a bit of NEW in the process!). The intent of the program/utility is to automate the Army's process of imaging computers. While a lot of it is already automated, there are several "after" steps that must be done. By automating these steps, it is helping to expedite the process, especially when migrating from one OS to another. Also increasing the productivity and efficiency of the support offices as well.

On this particular segment of this utility, I have tried researching the Windows TechNet forums, the Windows knowledge base articles, Google searching, several other forumns, referenced Command Line commands (DevCon looked promising, but alas, Win Vista didn't like that very much). I am continuing my attempts in finding a solution, but your aid in this is much appreciated.

Thanks again and have a good one! :)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/921070

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice