1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

vista connecting tomy wireless network but not other computers on network

Discussion in 'Windows Vista' started by jcgrill, Sep 30, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. jcgrill

jcgrill Thread Starter

I am about to return this brand new computer running Vista since it won't connect to my exiting computers on my wireless network. It will however connect to the wireless netork to get out to the internet. Here is what I have:

Brand new computer runnig Vista home premium
    Wireless netwrok external netgear ma101 connection that can see the internet (I am using it now).

It can see a windows 2000 computer as well as my laptop running Windows Xp but when I try to connect to those computers it gives me an error message. I googled this problem and disabled my firewalls. I created same user accounts on all with same passords. I also tried same user accounts with no password. neither works. Any suggestion before I return this? i relaly want to make Vista work since it at last looks different (I like new interface - makes my life more interesting - I know VERY SAD).

Any suggestions?

2. DaveA

DaveA Trusted Advisor Spam Fighter

First Name:
    David
    Can the Vista machine be seen from the other machines?

Have you checked the "Firewalls" on the non Vista machines to see that it (the firewall) is NOT bocking the Vista machine?

3. jcgrill

jcgrill Thread Starter

Vista machine can see the other two computers (laptop running xp & Desktop running win 2000). Vista machine & xp have firewall turned off. Not sure how to turn off firewall on Win2000. They can all see eachother just can't connect to eachother. All computers can see the internet.

4. JohnWill

JohnWill Retired Moderator

5. jcgrill

jcgrill Thread Starter

Anthing for Windows 2000 and Vista on a wireless network?

6. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/631622

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice