1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Vista connection problems

Discussion in 'Windows Vista' started by sam232, Oct 27, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. sam232

sam232 Thread Starter

Hi, i installed vista on my computer one day ago. Since then i have tryed everything to get it on the internet. I was running XP before and that worked fine. First of all when i try to connect (I use Broadband) the broadband options does not display only dial-up. How to get the Broadband options and how to connect:confused: ? please help me!!!:mad: im using windows vista ultimate (x86) If im missing drivers where to download?

2. doggyofone

doggyofone

Did you go through the process of setting up a connection? Connect to a network - Set up connection or network...and follow the prompts? I had to do this even though I started with a normal broadband connection that stopped working for some reason. There's a Winsock repair utility, though I don't know if its appropriate in Vista. Works great in XP.
    http://www.snapfiles.com/get/winsockxpfix.html

3. sam232

sam232 Thread Starter

Yes i did try and setup a network it said something was wrong with my ehternet adapter... can it be Drivers thats missing?

4. sam232

sam232 Thread Starter

I have now dowloaded winsock for vista but have no ide what it is,what it does or how to use it hehe.. Tell me

5. MySeN

MySeN

I installed Vista Ultimate X64 on my pc and i had nothing but problems too!

It could be the drivers, the way to tell is right mouse click on My Computer and click manage. Then look in Device Manager to see if there are any yellow Question Marks (?) If so then there are missing driver. You should be able to download these from your PC's manufacturers web site.

6. sam232

sam232 Thread Starter

When i try to connect to the connection i made it says:

Connecting through WAN miniport (PPPOR) Error: 1814= The underline Ethernet connectivity require for the broadband connection was not found. please install and enable the Ethernet adapter on your computer via the network connections folder before attempting this connection.

7. sam232

sam232 Thread Starter

i dont have a question mark i have a yellow (!)

8. MySeN

MySeN

ah ok this means the drivers for that device are not installed at all! Is it next to Network Adaptors?

9. sam232

sam232 Thread Starter

Ye there is one (!) next to my Network Adapter

There is also a tab named "Other devices" And there is something called "Ethernet controller" and it also has a (!)

10. sam232

sam232 Thread Starter

Do you have like MsN? Wold be allot easyer if we cold talk there

11. MySeN

MySeN

ok so there is your problem. What make/model is your PC? for example if your PC is an HP you can go to hp.com/drivers and put in your model and it will list all the drivers for you.

unless you built your own pc? please tell me you didn't cos that's just a pain in the arse! I built my own PC and have had nothing but problems with drivers!

Anyway, let me know.

thanks,
    MySeN

12. sam232

sam232 Thread Starter

i bough my Fujitsu simens about 5 months ago so its not something i put together myself... i didn't really find any drivers on the website and even if i did i wold have some problems getting the right ones

13. MySeN

MySeN

ok but what model number is it?

It looks like to me they are having a problem with their site at the moment but here is a link to their driver section. http://www.fujitsu-siemens.com/support/downloads.html

I'm guessing your using another laptop/computer at the moment so what you will have to do is download the drivers you need and burn the do a CD.
    Put the CD in the lap/computer you are having issues with and update the drivers. Let me know if you have any problems.

Thanks,
    MySeN

14. sam232

sam232 Thread Starter

Yes think they have something wrong.... cant display the website. I really dont know the model number is.... i have ben trying to figure it out but cant find it will try and search some more

15. MySeN

MySeN

it will be on there somewhere, maybe underneath?

16. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/644146

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice