1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Vista Constantly Freezing

Discussion in 'Virus & Other Malware Removal' started by Katzz, Jun 18, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Katzz

Katzz Thread Starter

I have had my laptop (Toshiba Satelite) for at least a year or two, quite a while now, and have had no problems with it at all until just a few days ago. It has started to freeze up and not respond to anything except mouse motions. It usually does this with anything other than Internet Explorer and does it especially if I run a program like Windows Defender, or Malwarebytes, which I installed today because of a reccomendation in another thread on here. It will let those open up and then freeze a couple minutes into the scan. It will freeze with IE open much later than with other things open. When it freezes, it will just let me move the mouse and that's it. It will not respond to any clicks, keystrokes, ctrl alt del, or anything other than holding the power button down until it turns off. It has done this every time I have restarted my computer today, which seems to be about at the 800 mark by now... It's confusing, it will freeze quicker with some programs and not as quickly with others, but when it does, the only way to get out of it is to forcibly shut it down. Thanks in advance for any help!

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/1002932

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice