1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Vista Crashed

Discussion in 'Windows Vista' started by drakon3rd, Dec 27, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. drakon3rd

drakon3rd Thread Starter

im not sure what happen but i was playin warcraft 3 online i joined a game n right after the map load my vista crashed n restarted and it would keep goin to the blue screen of death and restarts again.. so i tried to do a system recovery for few days ago and still no different. i can only run the computer under safe mode. and here is my hijackthis log. it wouldnt let me run my antivirus scan.. so i only have the hjt log.

2. moongalba

moongalba

Have you tried "Last known good configuration".Most likely you have when you went on the safe Mode screen. Just a thought.

3. drakon3rd

drakon3rd Thread Starter

Yeah I tired that too.. Didn't work..

4. drakon3rd

drakon3rd Thread Starter

so i backed up my files and i tried to install vista. when i told me to back up files i said yes and after the installing of vista on that 1 screen the computer restarted and it was loading when my hp screen showed up i still saw !!! allover my hp screen. so then it went to the microsoft loading screen right after that the vista installation was still going which was like for 2-3 min long. i cant remeber what it said but at the end u just see (somthing loading or something like that while the ......(dots are loading) ) so soon after that the screen went blank(black), computer was still on waited like 30 min+ to c if anything happens but nothing.. so when i ran it in safe mode it said "windows cannot complete installation in safe mode. to continue installing windows, restarts the computer.' which i do and again the it ended up at the black screen. and i cant c my cursor. plz help Thank you

5. drakon3rd

drakon3rd Thread Starter

this is a image of my start up of computer it use to be plain black in the background now its shows !!..

[​IMG]

ty

6. Test001

Test001

Just an idea due to you not being able to run a virus scan or do anything at the moment. Try downloading f-secure on a healthy computer and go into the bios and change boot order to cd/dvd. You will need internet connection and f-secure will load the generic driver for you. It may take awhile to scan depending on the size of your drive. It is here..http://www.f-secure.com/en_EMEA-Labs/security-threats/tools/rescue-cd/

This will rule out a malware issue...

Before doing the f-secure I would try to boot under vista recovery console and use the command utility. Check out the drive by typing the following in the command line

chkdsk /f /r

Good Luck!

7. drakon3rd

drakon3rd Thread Starter

got the rescue cd to scan.. its scanning now will let u know soon what it finds

8. drakon3rd

drakon3rd Thread Starter

i scanned it, it did not find anything. so what should i do now? but i do believe there is a virus is it possible to get rid of it even if it didint find it with this program?

9. Test001

Test001

Did you scan from ISO with F-Secure to check for malware or did you boot into recovery disc and use the chkdsk command to check the drive?

To load into the recovery:
    To enter System Recovery Options by using Windows installation disc:

• Insert the installation disc.
    • Restart your computer.
    • If prompted, press any key to start Windows from the installation disc. If your computer is not configured to start from a CD or DVD, check your BIOS settings.
    • Choose your language settings, and then click Next.
    • Click Repair your computer.
    • Select the operating system you want to repair, and then click Next.
    • Select your user account an click Next.
    On the System Recovery Options menu you will get the following options:
      • Startup Repair
        System Restore
        Windows Complete PC Restore
        Windows Memory Diagnostic Tool
        Scan your computer's memory for errors.
        Command Prompt
    • Select Command Prompt
    • In the command window type in notepad and press Enter.
    • Type chkdsk /f /r

10. Test001

Test001

Have you tried to uninstall and reinstall the video driver already? Check the device manager and see if there is any conflicts. Since this happended when the map was being loaded, perhaps the Video card crashed when rendering the the large data. I would check to see if there is diagnostic in the BIOS to check if the video card is performing correctly or software from the vender (nvidia example).

11. Test001

Test001

This would only apply if you can boot in safe mode with networking

12. drakon3rd

drakon3rd Thread Starter

i scanned it from boot cd rom. i cant access safe mode b/c i believe i couldnt install vista fully.. cuz of the screen going black so i cant see anything else. at this point i dont mind a clean wipe out of my harddrive i guess.. or what ever u think is the best thing i can do. thank you

13. Test001

Test001

boot cd-rom (windows recovery disc or F-Secure)

I would't do a clean wipe of the hard drive..

14. drakon3rd

drakon3rd Thread Starter

the F-Secure cd i dont have a recovery cd

15. Test001

Test001

16. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/970970

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice