Vista crashes at startup of google earth

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

pratml

My computer used to be able to run google earth no problem. I've recently rebooted it so it is now like new. However, I may have some malware on it, like conduit and yontoo that I'm still in the process of deleting. Would this effect google earth? I have tried uninstalling and reinstalling it twice and still as soon as I open the program my screen goes black during its startup. What can I do?? Please and thank you!

click on start run type dxdiag and press enter
does it present any problems?
can you attempt to install a previous version of google earth and see if this works for you?

try deleting your cache manually as described on the following link:
http://support.google.com/earth/bin/answer.py?hl=en&lev=topic&cbid=thhxpryb3jov&answer=20712&src=cb

you can also try to change the target of the google earth shortcut to
C:\Program Files\Google\Google Earth\googleearth.exe

if not you can try uninstalling google earth, cleaning up the registry
by searching for googleearth and pressing f3 for it go through all search related values ( and deleting googleearth ones as you go along).
Restart your pc and install the lastest version

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Staff online

Members online