Vista crashing/locking up.

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

kingoftheworld

Since going from XP to a new computer with Vista last month, i seem to have had a lot of crashes and BSoD

Varying from "IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL" to "page fault in non paged area"

Seemingly, it never crashes if the computer is idle, but whenever im on it, it'll crash either within 20 secs or after a few hours.

It only takes from browsing the internet to play a game to crash it.

The RAM has been tested, and where it was built they had no problem running it even running the machine for 24 hours.

System specs are

Intel Core2 Duo - 2.13GHz
2GB Ram
160GB (System HD)
nVidia Geforce 8600 256MB

On Vista Home Premium

HollywdsTech

Banned
I reccomend going back to XP, due microsoft has a lot of bugs still in vista myself has an issue that vista couldn't fix. as an tech wait one yr for MS to fix there issues for vista then switch to vista.

DaveA

David
Trusted Advisor
Spam Fighter
These games you are trying to play are ALL Vista compliant right?

If NOT that may be the problem, games that are NOT written Vista will and do have issues with running Vista.

kingoftheworld

DaveA said:
These games you are trying to play are ALL Vista compliant right?

If NOT that may be the problem, games that are NOT written Vista will and do have issues with running Vista.
Yep, all the games are Vista compliant.

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Staff online

Members online