1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Vista defrag has lead to problems with internet pages

Discussion in 'Windows Vista' started by EmH, Jan 5, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. EmH

EmH Thread Starter

My laptop has Vista, and yesturday everything was fine, I shut it down, but when I tried to start it up a few hours later it when to the screen where you can start it normally or do something different, which was recommended, which linked me to the Tech Guys thing on my computer. Basically, my dad managed to use it to check the D disk (or drive) which had something wrong which he seems to have fixed by defragging it all for me. Now start up etc is fine, except that some web pages aren't working properly anymore. I was trying to link to an online passport service on YouGov, and it went nowhere, and when I try to log onto my internet banking it just keeps refreshing the memorable info page, so I cant get onto my accounts etc. I've tried both those things on a different computer and it all worked fine, so there's something wrong with mine now. I've never had this problem before, and my dad did adjust the pop-up setting but no change. I do need to be able to access these things from this laptop, so does any body know what's wrong?? Thank you :)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/972780

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice