1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Vista Diagnostics???

Discussion in 'Windows Vista' started by waybro999, Aug 19, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. waybro999

waybro999 Thread Starter

Greetings!!!
    I have had nothing but problems with my gateway GT5465E with VISTA installed.
    Where can I find some diagnostics to run to track whats going on with my PC.
    I need to know if Vista is this complicated or if I was sold a lemon and I should return it???
    Wayne

2. spdabbs

spdabbs

If you can be more specific as to the issues you're experiencing, maybe we can help point you in the right direction :)

3. pr0found

pr0found

quite Honestly.. the problem is that the computer is Retail. they use junk hardware & the restore disks are a joke. if you're gonna buy a Gateway.. call 1-800-Gateway & get a Direct Model. take the Retail system back, you'll save yourself a lot of headaches.

4. spdabbs

spdabbs

pr0found, while I'm quite aware of the bloat that comes with an OEM system, oddly enough, that alone isn't going to make a problem! When systems go pear shaped there's generally an underlying problem beyond just the fact it's an OEM. Even custom builds are subject to failure and at this stage (without any specifics), it's impossible to tell.

5. pr0found

pr0found

well yes.. specifics are always neccesary to narrow down the problem, i agree completely. However i do work for Gateway as a 2nd Lvl Support Rep.. lol All i'm saying is if he's already having problems with it, (depending on what they are) most likely there will be more to follow & the end cause will be the poor quality hardware in the system.

6. spdabbs

spdabbs

Of course, if the issue is h/w, that is fair comment, and I would definitely go with returning it. We do all know why retail systems appear low price for the spec (low quality mobos etc), but it's still worth finding out if it is indeed a h/w issue. I myself support a variety of brands - both OEM and non-OEM systems, and find that many issues with said systems, despite all their potential design failings, come from (without wanting to be derogatory about waybro999 or anyone else) a users lack of understanding of computers and most relevantly, internet security - something I'm sure you'll have found too!

7. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/612158

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice