1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Vista dialup ICS refusing to work please help

Discussion in 'Networking' started by Wanderlust, Nov 9, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Wanderlust

Wanderlust Thread Starter

Ok:
    So I've checked the share option on my dialup connection. It changed my LAN connection to 192.168.0.1 and my subnet to 255.255.255.0. Great. But nothing is getting an IP address over wired or wireless(I've tried a switch and a wireless router{dhcp off}) now, nothing. In networking and sharing I've set the switch to private and network discovery is turned on. nothing.
    ipconfig /all says DHCP isn't enabled for some reason and it says auto configuration is enabled, what ever that means.
    Any insight on this would be greatly appreciated. Ultimately I want to set this up to my wireless connection like I did on XP for accessing the internet through my wireless router. But I can't even get ICS to work through a switch right now :(
    Please help.

2. Wanderlust

Wanderlust Thread Starter

Ok so ICS almost seems to be working..
    Except DHCP doesn't seem to be(still says NO and some devices are having issues obtaining an IP address)
    How can I turn on DHCP for that connection? It should be on for ICS no???

3. JohnWill

JohnWill Retired Moderator

Actually, since it's a DHCP server, it will indicate off. If any device is obtaining an IP address from the ICS machine, the DHCP server is probably working.

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/649894

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice