1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Vista Dreamscene crashes on startup

Discussion in 'Windows Vista' started by skilljockey, Aug 18, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. skilljockey

skilljockey Thread Starter

Hi,

I congratulate all you guys on the fantastic work that is happening here.

I have windows vista ultimate and have updated my PC with the updates for vista. I can use a video as my wallpaper due to dreamscene once the laptop is up and running.

When I restart my PC I get an error that says Dreamscene has encountered an error as windows explorer was not shut down properly.

I have tried to uninstall dreamscene and re-download it, in vain.

Please follow up.

2. DaveA

DaveA Trusted Advisor Spam Fighter

First Name:
    David
    You will most likely could use more memory!

3. skilljockey

skilljockey Thread Starter

Thank you for the reply DaveA

I had installed vista earlier but no such problems then. I got a trojan or something that pulled up a window of Windows Vista Antivirus. I formatted my PC twice to get rid of it but it did not work. I had to run a boot format. The pop ups have stopped but the windows explorer often crashes.

Please advice on the same.

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/741263

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice