1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Vista DVD/CD Burning options

Discussion in 'Windows Vista' started by tjmartin, Jan 20, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. tjmartin

tjmartin Thread Starter

Hello,

I just reinstalled Vista on my laptop. Prior to reinstallation my DVD/CD drive acted just like a USB flash drive (I could transfer files easily and quickly). other than Nero 8, I didn't have any extra DVD burning programs. I am not sure how I was able to do that...Would anyone know how I can make my DVD/CD drive act like a USB drive for transferring files?

Thank you in advance

2. kenny111111

kenny111111

if you put a blank cd/dvd in the tray what happens?
    go to control panel>auto play, and set them to "burn files to disc using windows", see if that is what your looking for..

good luck

3. Rich-M

Rich-M

Could be you used cd-rw or dvd-rw which you could right click on and format in My Computer Windows and then copy and paste anything to.

4. tjmartin

tjmartin Thread Starter

I'm just asking this question because before did the reinstall I have a few DVD-RW discs that would act like USB drives, but after the reinstall, any files I try to put on the DVD-RW discs need to be burned to the disc? How can I get that live file system functionality back? (especially for discs that I already formatted using the live file system and already have data on them)

5. tjmartin

tjmartin Thread Starter

Yes, I'm using DVD-RW discs and want to get that functionality back without reformatting cause those DVD's already have data on them

6. tjmartin

tjmartin Thread Starter

Anyone have a solution?

7. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/975838

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice