1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Vista DVD Drive is not recognized and Upper and Lower Limits are not found!!

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by shookitup, Jan 28, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. shookitup

shookitup Thread Starter

I cannot get my Dell Inspiron 1420 Laptop running windows vista to recognize my DVD drive, the light on it blinks, makes some noises but nothing ever shows up in "my computer" however they do show up on my device manager under DVD/CD-ROM Drives and both with yellow flags by them. One is called a "Base System Device" and gives a code 31. The second is called "TSSTcorp DVD+-RW TS-L632H ATA Device" and gives a code 10.

I found a thread on here that said to go accessories>run>regedit>HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE......but when it says to change the upper and lower limits is where i get stuck.....I HAVE NONE! they are nowhere to be found! :confused::confused::confused: The only thing on the right hand side is under the name column>default under the Type column>REG_SZ and under data (where i assume the upper/lower SHOULD be) all it says is "(value not set)"

If someone could please help me it would be greatly appreciated!! I have searched the web more on how to fix this issue than any research paper and I am at the end of my patience!!

2. Triple6

Triple6 Moderator

First Name:
    Rob
As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/898438

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice