1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Vista Email

Discussion in 'Windows Vista' started by Jenkinsb, Apr 6, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. Jenkinsb

Jenkinsb Thread Starter

Hi,

I have a dell inspiron with windows vista.
    My problem is with vista email. I can recieve, but I can't send. I get the following message:
    The message could not be sent. The authentication setting might not be correct for your outgoing e-mail [SMTP] server. For help solving this problem, go to Help, search for "Troubleshoot Windows Mail", and read the "I'm having problems sending e-mail" section. If you need help determining the proper server settings, please contact your e-mail service provider.

The rejected e-mail address was 'Frank [email protected]'. Subject 'Bug', Account: 'pop-server.roadrunner.com', Server: 'smtp-server.roadrunner.com', Protocol: SMTP, Server Response: '550 Invalid recipient: <Frank>', Port: 25, Secure(SSL): No, Server Error: 550, Error Number: 0x800CCC79

Can anyone help me?

Frank

2. unbidden

unbidden

3. DoubleHelix

DoubleHelix Banned

It looks like you put a space in your e-mail address.

4. DaveA

DaveA Trusted Advisor Spam Fighter

First Name:
    David
    Have you checked with the RR site to see that you have the correct POP server and other entries entered?

Since RR does NOT have generic method, you need to go to http://help.rr.com/AA/rrwho.aspx?ReturnUrl=/Default.aspx and select your provider, State, and City. Then maybe you can see what server needs to entered.

5. Jenkinsb

Jenkinsb Thread Starter

DaveA,

Thank you for your reply, I contacted RR and they said that my problem wasn't with them. What do I do now?

6. DoubleHelix

DoubleHelix Banned

There can't be a space in the e-mail address.

7. Jenkinsb

Jenkinsb Thread Starter

I don't have any spaces in my address. It's [email protected].

Frank

8. DaveA

DaveA Trusted Advisor Spam Fighter

First Name:
    David
  9. ~Candy~

~Candy~ Retired Administrator

Thread reopened at poster's request.

EDIT: To the person who requested this thread be open ONLY THE THREAD STARTER can do that.

If you have a problem, please begin your own thread.

10. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/700950

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice