Vista Email

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Jenkinsb

Hi,

I have a dell inspiron with windows vista.
My problem is with vista email. I can recieve, but I can't send. I get the following message:
The message could not be sent. The authentication setting might not be correct for your outgoing e-mail [SMTP] server. For help solving this problem, go to Help, search for "Troubleshoot Windows Mail", and read the "I'm having problems sending e-mail" section. If you need help determining the proper server settings, please contact your e-mail service provider.

The rejected e-mail address was 'Frank [email protected]'. Subject 'Bug', Account: 'pop-server.roadrunner.com', Server: 'smtp-server.roadrunner.com', Protocol: SMTP, Server Response: '550 Invalid recipient: <Frank>', Port: 25, Secure(SSL): No, Server Error: 550, Error Number: 0x800CCC79

Can anyone help me?

Frank

DaveA

Trusted Advisor
Spam Fighter
First Name
David
Have you checked with the RR site to see that you have the correct POP server and other entries entered?

Since RR does NOT have generic method, you need to go to http://help.rr.com/AA/rrwho.aspx?ReturnUrl=/Default.aspx and select your provider, State, and City. Then maybe you can see what server needs to entered.

Jenkinsb

DaveA,

Thank you for your reply, I contacted RR and they said that my problem wasn't with them. What do I do now?

~Candy~

Retired Administrator
Thread reopened at poster's request.

EDIT: To the person who requested this thread be open ONLY THE THREAD STARTER can do that.

If you have a problem, please begin your own thread.

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Members online