1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Vista Factory image reset broken.

Discussion in 'Windows Vista' started by anorthn1, Aug 28, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. anorthn1

anorthn1 Thread Starter

When I try to do a factory reset with my windows vista 32-bit desktop It gets stuck at a blank screen.
    I press f8 at the splash screen, then system repair, then just a blank screen appears after a short load bar, I've left it overnight to see If It was a slow load but nothing happened. Can anyone give me a fix?

2. flavallee

flavallee Frank Trusted Advisor

Restoring the operating system:

http://support.dell.com/support/edocs/systems/inspd531/en/om/trouble.htm#wp1077065

--------------------------------------------------------------

Why hasn't Windows Vista been upgraded to SP2 - which was released over 3 years ago?

--------------------------------------------------------------

3. anorthn1

anorthn1 Thread Starter

It has not been updated because every time i try to it asks me to insert a disk

4. flavallee

flavallee Frank Trusted Advisor

Did that computer come with a Windows Vista SP1 DVD or are you using its built-in partition to reset it back to its original factory condition?

Either way, you should download and save the full 348 MB SP2 upgrade and then burn it off to a CD-R.

You can then use the CD-R to upgrade it to SP2.

Considering the SP2 upgrade was released almost 3-1/2 years ago, there will be numerous post-SP2 important/recommended updates to install afterwards.

-----------------------------------------------------------

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/1066803