1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Vista format problem

Discussion in 'Windows Vista' started by whitecd, Oct 13, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. whitecd

whitecd Thread Starter

Hey there

I am a first at this whole forum thing so sorry if muck up.

Ok heres my situation. I own an acer aspire 5720 with windows vista pre installed. Now the other day I had a major blond moment (no afence to those who are blond). I hapened to have been useing kill disk to format one of my partitions when I mistakenly entered c instead of d in disk option area. Now to my surprise I have no operating system.

I have tryed to boot of several boot disks that I had lying around but none of them had a boot option (win xp and linux ubuntu) both copied, and couple of recovery disks. Nothing seems to work! Or boot.

If it helps, the message when I start up.
    Pxe e61: media test failure, check cable
    Pxe mof: exiting broadcom pxe rom.
    No bootable device -- insert boot disk and press any key

Future thanks
    Realy appreciate it. And really important, have a ton of work to do

2. Gulo Luseus

Gulo Luseus

I would guess that d is a recovery partition, and c is the main partition? If you formatted C with kill disk, then you have wiped everyhing- operating system, data, documents, everything. You may be able to recover this data, or at least some of it, but I am not sure what recovery software would be suitable- not my field, although I know there are several here that can give you good links.

In terms of recovery, if you have a Vista disk you should be able to reinstall with that. If not, there should be an option on the black and white screen at the startup that tells you which keys to press for recovery ( which I assume would be from D partition?). Without knowing the full partitioning of your deive or drives, this is hard to say.
    Please note that if yo udo a recovery, you WILL lose everything on the partition, if it hasnt already bbe wiped

3. whitecd

whitecd Thread Starter

thanks for your reply

Um d was never set up as a recovery
    I no Im stupid

4. leraje

leraje

Try pressing and holding "Alt+F10" at Acer Screen and then choose "restore to factory settings",that should reinstall from Vista partition.

5. whitecd

whitecd Thread Starter

thanks for your reply.

I have just tryed your sugestion. Unfortunitly it did nothing when I pressed it.
    Sorry

6. leraje

leraje

Thats a shame that didnt work for you,its defo the right buttons to press during boot to get E-Recovery working,you could try pressing and not holding Alt+F10,failing that my advice is to contact Acer Tech Support
    0870 853 1000 (UK)
    http://support.acer-euro.com/index.html
    Good Luck:)

7. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/758652

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice