1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

vista freak out!

Discussion in 'Windows Vista' started by shadowborn, Apr 9, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. shadowborn

shadowborn Thread Starter

hi i was just surfing the net and then my laptop did this weird thing where it was like it restarted itself but in a 2 second time period (and while it did that, it made the noise it makes when it cant do something) and then it came good like nothing ever happened... it did that afew times consecutively and i thought :eek: oh crap its a virus because the other day my antivirus software expired :( so i quickly (or as quick as possible--damn the computer for being shaped) downloaded avira and started scanning for viruses and then my computer absolutely freaked out the whole screen went black for ages and then a blue screen appeared and i cant remember what it said exactly, what it said that i remember "if you have seen this screen before" <- probably unhelpful but anyway... then it properly restarted and i started the avira scan again, this scan got to about 70% (2 hours of waiting:mad:) and then it went weird ..the screen went black but i could still see the task bar and the cursor was still active, but the computer was frozen, i tried pressing ctrl+alt+delete (afew times) but nothing happened, so i restarted it again and it didnt start up properly it got to the part where it says microsoft corperation and a lil grey bar comes up but the green filler that indicates its loading didnt come up......so i restarted it again and this time it was all fine, i started the avira scan, and the report showed no viruses or trojans or hidden files, not even a suspicious folder :( and now here i am asking you for help coz i have no idea :confused: sorry for the novel sized letter, but i hope you can help:)

2. TerryNet

TerryNet Moderator

First Name:
    Terry
    You would increase the number of people who would read your thread and could understand what your problem is and may increase your chances of getting help if you organized your post and used normal paragraph/sentence structure.

Describe your problem, give pertinent details about your system, and any background information (such as what you've already tried); in that order is probably best.

As for me, I opened your thread to see what "vista freak out!" means, and I still have no clue. :(

3. Talkhard223

Talkhard223

I agree with Terry that this post makes little sense in the manner it was presented. Beyond that, the first thing I think of is do you still have your old AV software installed? If so, uninstalling it should be the first step. Someone else may also ask for a HTJ log.

4. shadowborn

shadowborn Thread Starter

Sorry it didnt make sense to you, but it did to me.:p

And i know what i said sounded weird and confusing, but what happened was weird and confusing...:)

Dont worry, im pretty sure its fixed now :cool: but thank you for your time anyway :D

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/915738

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice