1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Vista freezes after login [Normal & Safe mode]

Discussion in 'Windows Vista' started by exasperated_man, Mar 31, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. exasperated_man

exasperated_man Thread Starter

Hi, all.

My usually faithful laptop crashed today morning after giving me a blue screen of death, while I was playing a game.
    Since then, my PC always freezes immediately after 30secs ~ 1minutes of logging into Vista.
    I have tried to reboot the machine in Safe Mode (in Normal Safe Mode, with Networking, with Command Prompt) but it still freezes, albeit I am given a little more time before it goes down.
    I have used 'Last Known Good Configuration' - No success here either.
    I have attempted 'Repair Your Computer' option during booting. 'Startup Repair' didn't seem to find any problems.
    Windows Memory Diagnostic Tool also found no problem.
    I tried System Restore, and after being a little buggy (freezing once/twice before being successful) it worked but did not solve the problem.
    I haven't backed my system in last six months, and I would REALLY prefer not to lose my stuffs on the laptop... My PC is a Samsung R519 with Vista Home Premium (RAM: 3GB, HDD: 320GB, no Graphic/Sound upgrade) I've used SuperAntiSpyware and Avira AntiVir Personal 9, although I've added MSE only last week.

I am literally at my wits end, and would be very grateful for any assistance.

Thanks in advance,
    e_man

2. joeten

joeten

3. exasperated_man

exasperated_man Thread Starter

Hi, Joeten. Thanks for your response!

I've removed Avira and tried to do a clean boot, but now the system now freezes on the log-in username/password screen on normal mode. Fortunately, I can access safe-mode... does this prove anything?

Thanks!

4. joeten

joeten

Hi you can either try running a repair from your install or recovery disc or use system restore and retry removing avira but use revouninstaller to do it

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/913852

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice