1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Vista freezing on shutdown

Discussion in 'Windows Vista' started by jshep2179, Aug 19, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. jshep2179

jshep2179 Thread Starter

Recently had a problem with vista on startup, was being hit with the blue screen of death and occasional freezing. Not being able to find the problem, and with no sign of any virus in the MBR I was advised to remove AVG as one of the mini dump files suggested this may be the problem. I used the uninstaller and replaced it with Avast which fixed the issue... and seems to have replaced it with the same problem on shutdown.

The windows icons fade as normal, but the screen hangs on my screensaver, and after a minute or two goes to the logging off screen, only to stay there indefinitely, (I left it running the first time and went out for the day to come back and find it was still on). As with the original problem my PC runs great apart from this.

2. captainron276

captainron276 Ron

Please use the TSG System Info tool to let Tech's know the specs of your computer: http://static.techguy.org/download/SysInfo.exe Copy and paste the results here in your thread.
    Also, if its a brand name system like an Acer,Dell or HP, please post the exact model of the system.

3. jshep2179

jshep2179 Thread Starter

Sorry, should have remembered that from last time.

Tech Support Guy System Info Utility version 1.0.0.2
    OS Version: Microsoft® Windows Vista™ Home Premium, Service Pack 2, 32 bit
    Processor: AMD Phenom(tm) 9500 Quad-Core Processor, x64 Family 16 Model 2 Stepping 2
    Processor Count: 4
    RAM: 3069 Mb
    Graphics Card: NVIDIA GeForce 8400, 256 Mb
    Hard Drives: C: Total - 294723 MB, Free - 155046 MB; D: Total - 10519 MB, Free - 1424 MB;
    Motherboard: ASUSTek Computer INC., NARRA3
    Antivirus: avast! Antivirus, Updated and Enabled

4. captainron276

captainron276 Ron

That's OK:), you could update your Profile and paste it in there:)

5. captainron276

captainron276 Ron

6. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/1065705