1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Vista hard drive to Windows 7

Discussion in 'Windows 7' started by Aberdeen5, Dec 12, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Aberdeen5

Aberdeen5 Thread Starter

I had to pull out my HD from my Dell running W Vista and now I am trying to access those files through an adapter to my new W 7 laptop. The new laptop acknowledges the HD is there but it says I have to format the old HD I order to use it. I need to access those files but it will not even open the Old HD in my F drive. Any help?

2. TekTime

TekTime

Was there a problem with the drive that caused you to pull it out? That could explain the "needs formatting" message.

3. Aberdeen5

Aberdeen5 Thread Starter

Yes, but I am not sure if it was HD related. It may have been though. The laptop could not boot up at all. I would try and run the diagnostic tests and it would go "black screen" halfway through. The HD was virus free, problem free. I was deligent on my virus scans and never went to nafarious websites. Hopefully it's a windows 7 compatibility or a setting on my new laptop that's the issue.

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/1030973

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice