Vista hard drive to Windows 7

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Aberdeen5

I had to pull out my HD from my Dell running W Vista and now I am trying to access those files through an adapter to my new W 7 laptop. The new laptop acknowledges the HD is there but it says I have to format the old HD I order to use it. I need to access those files but it will not even open the Old HD in my F drive. Any help?

Was there a problem with the drive that caused you to pull it out? That could explain the "needs formatting" message.

Aberdeen5

Yes, but I am not sure if it was HD related. It may have been though. The laptop could not boot up at all. I would try and run the diagnostic tests and it would go "black screen" halfway through. The HD was virus free, problem free. I was deligent on my virus scans and never went to nafarious websites. Hopefully it's a windows 7 compatibility or a setting on my new laptop that's the issue.

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Members online