1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Vista Hibernation / Hybrid Sleep / Sleep Problems

Discussion in 'Windows Vista' started by Firefly, Jan 11, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Firefly

Firefly Malware Trainee Thread Starter

My wife's computer has been displaying an error ever since I enabled Hybrid Sleep & Hibernation on her computer:

Dell Vostro 1400
    Vista Business SP1 - 32 Bit
    Intel T7250
    3GB RAM

I created a customized power setting for her that did the following when operating under batteries:

Shuts down monitor after 5 minutes
    Shuts down HDD after 15 minutes

In advances, the relevant (I think) settings are:

Sleep after - 15 minutes
    Allow Hybrid Sleep - yes (on battery)
    Hybernate After - 120 minutes (on battery)

When she shuts off the computer by closing the lid, the computer goes to sleep no problem. If you turn it back on within 2 hours, no problem. However, if you turn it on after the 120 minutes, she gets a message that "Windows has recovered from a serious start up error". That being said, we have not found any ill-effects after acknowledging the message. I have also attached a screen shot a details from the event viewer that captured each time it has happened.

In the interim, I have disabled Hybrid Sleep, but left the hibernation on after 120 minutes. I set the computer to hibernate, and it restarted with no error messages.

Any thoughts as to the cause of this? Is the solution a simple OS bug, and I should simply leave Hybrid Sleep off?

Any help would be appreciated.

Attached Files:

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/789274

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice