Vista Home Basic upgrade

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

jazzmaster44

Dell Dimension 2350, Intel Celeron® that runs at 2.30 GHz internally and 400 MHz externally. 768 of RAM, PC2100 (266-MHz) DDR SDRAM (non-ECC), integrated Intel 3D Extreme Graphics. Install an video card of 32MB of video RAM. After installing Vista on the pc, it ran ok. However, after the first update from Microsoft, the computer would not boot up to windows. I can see and ear the hard drive working, but the computer can not boot up to windows. After restoring the computer before the update, it work ok. I turn off automatic update for now, hope to find out what is going and how fix the problem.

thanks!!!!

Does vista tell you WHAT it is updating? Could be video...

How is the performance? Vista kinda wants at least 1GB of RAM to run well (like XP would with 512mb).

Vista will run on 512, not like a racehorse but it will run. Did you disable the onboard video card after installing the new one?

Any Vista drivers available for your card? 32 is pretty small and may not be supported.

I would tunr Auto Updates back on and see what drivers or patch it tries to download and start from there.

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Staff online