1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Vista Home Can any serious software ran on it?

Discussion in 'Windows Vista' started by muckmail, Feb 15, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. muckmail

muckmail Thread Starter

I noticed in a new store ad that windows Vista Home Basic is mostly for
    internet surfing & basic computing for the home. Can any serious programs
    like Visual Studio 2005 net, Visual Basic 6, AutoCAD be ran with Vista Home
    Basic? What about older programs such as visual basic 4? Does anyone
    know?
    thank you,

2. steven1350

steven1350

I dont see why not. Basic is the same as its superiors, it just doesnt have the new interface, as well as a few non-essiantial programs (like media center, backup, remote desktop, etc...)

3. brooksy

brooksy Banned

Yeah you can run such applications a visual Studio, Like what ste said vista home basic has just got less features than the other. thats why it is called the basic version.

4. kdships

kdships

I don't think Vista Home basic is meant for the Pro. I have tried running AutoCad 2006 on it with no success. There must be some kind of compatibily issue with it. Also, some [OLD] 32bit softwares will not run either.

5. JohnWill

JohnWill Retired Moderator

However, that "compatibility" issue may exist for all versions of Vista. There is nothing in "basic" that limits it running with most software. AutoCad 2006, may have basic Vista compatibility issues.

6. rocker_820

rocker_820

Of course yeah. All the new softwares works on vista, and also visula studio 2005, visual basic 6 or if it has newer version.

7. kdships

kdships

I finally got AutoCAD running on Vista Home Basic. I think this will also run on other versions of vista. Just got to autocad.exe properties, click on compatibility tab, click on Run this program in compatibility mode for: Windows XP SP2(depending on what you have) then click OK and it's up and running in a while.

8. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/544442

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice