Vista HP Service list

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Verylost

Account Closed
I wonder if theirs a service list with vista hp 32 bit that i can pull up and then check against the list that i think i recall seeing on www.viper.com(?) to see what i don t need to have running on vista HP might it speed things up to have less running ! ? and hope do i pull up the vista HP service list assuming it has one hum ? thanks . .

Click Start, type services.msc, press Enter.
Or click Start | Run (or press WinKey+R), type services.msc, press Enter

flavallee

Frank
Trusted Advisor
I wonder if theirs a service list with vista hp 32 bit that i can pull up and then check against the list that i think i recall seeing on www.viper.com(?) to see what i don t need to have running on vista HP might it speed things up to have less running ! ? and hope do i pull up the vista HP service list assuming it has one hum ? thanks . .
Be aware the list of entries at the BlackViper site are only the ones that are installed by default with the operating system. They do not include all the entries that are added by the install of programs and add-ons and drivers.

I don't recommend referring to the "Tweaked" and "Bare Bones" list. Stick with the "Default" or "Safe" list.

Your computer likely has too many programs and services auto-loading and running in the background that don't need to be doing so.

If you know how to submit a HiJackThis log here, we can assist you with trimming down the startup load.

------------------------------------------------------------------

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Staff online