1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Vista HP Service list

Discussion in 'All Other Software' started by Verylost, Dec 18, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. Verylost

Verylost Account Closed Thread Starter

I wonder if theirs a service list with vista hp 32 bit that i can pull up and then check against the list that i think i recall seeing on www.viper.com(?) to see what i don t need to have running on vista HP might it speed things up to have less running ! ? and hope do i pull up the vista HP service list assuming it has one hum ? thanks . .

2. Jack Hackett

Jack Hackett

3. TheOutcaste

TheOutcaste

Click Start, type services.msc, press Enter.
    Or click Start | Run (or press WinKey+R), type services.msc, press Enter

4. flavallee

flavallee Trusted Advisor

First Name:
    Frank
    Be aware the list of entries at the BlackViper site are only the ones that are installed by default with the operating system. They do not include all the entries that are added by the install of programs and add-ons and drivers.

I don't recommend referring to the "Tweaked" and "Bare Bones" list. Stick with the "Default" or "Safe" list.

Your computer likely has too many programs and services auto-loading and running in the background that don't need to be doing so.

If you know how to submit a HiJackThis log here, we can assist you with trimming down the startup load.

------------------------------------------------------------------

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/969324

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice