Vista Icons

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Airesz

Can anyone tell me if there is a way to remove the white box from vista desktop icons when you mouse over them?

Ummmmmmmmm, I'll be the dummy, like why would you want to do that?

For people who love their desktop items and have hundreds of the little brutes all over the screen, it is a great tool to let you know you are on ther right icon before clicking.

What advantage do you see in getting rid of the rectangle?

Airesz

Why does it matter why I wanted to remove them, I just do. Now keeping those people in mind who "love their desktop items and have hundreds of the little brutes all over the screen, it is a great tool to let you know you are on ther right icon before clicking". Like the little mouse pointer hovering over top of the icon was not enough of a tell that you were going to click the right icon Is it possible to remove it for the rest of us who would like to?

Airesz

No I got rid of the arrow already. One of my friends told me that he was able to remove the white highlight you get when you mouse over an icon. See the included image.

I would like to do the same

I think you have the folder view to show a box to better be able to select files. When that is enabled, you get the same over icons.

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Staff online

Members online