1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Vista ignoring XCM vBox drivers

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by ironfist, Mar 6, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ironfist

ironfist Thread Starter

Hey all,

It's been a while since I was here last, but from what I remember you guys & girls were great at helping solve my problems! Let's hope it still holds true :p

Anyway, I just bought a vBox by XCM so I could play my Wii through my PC. The software that came with it installs fine, but Vista (64bit premium) refuses to install the drivers that come with it. They are the correct ones, they are definitely 64bit, but Vista won't see them on the automated driver install, and if I try and select manually, it tells me that it doesn't contain information about my hardware. Well it bloody should as they are the only 64 bit drivers for it.

This is the product in question, http://www.xcm.cc/v_box.htm. Is there some way that I can make Vista use these drivers, as I know they are correct?

Any help would be great.

Thanks

Ironfist

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!